Thursday, July 16, 2020

Wednesday

I called Nancy about 9:00 to wish her happy birthday. Her son and daughter-in-law (she lives on their property) arranged a terrific event on Sunday.: They had a wine-tasting party. DIL Erin bought six bottles of different wines, plus several kinds of cheese and crackers, grapes, and so one, and made a pretty display on their patio. Then Nancy's daughter, granddaughter, son, and their families, all Zoomed in from Massachusetts. What a great idea! It was especially  nice for Nancy, as she almost never goes out.
Went to Von's for salmon and their beautiful big mushrooms.  After lunch, I did some computer stuff; sent Jim some info on Westminster, as he's an opera buff.  Lunched, then took bus to town. I'm getting sick of doing the same old things and I am HEARTILY SICK OF NOT GATHERING AND SOCIALIZING WITH PEOPLE. Yeah, I'm that sick of it.
Since I'm heartily sick of television, too, I bought three DVDs at one of the thrift stores. Not sure when I'll watch them, as I'm still enjoying S. and S.
Home at 5:00 and I sliced the mushrooms, seasoned the salmon, and put fresh spinach in. Good dinner, but I'm SICK OF THIS WHOLE DEAL!
One thing I enjoyed, though, was making a puzzle of my grandfather's barber shop. That's my grandfather, fourth from the left. The others in white coats are his employees and the other men are customers. I'm not sure who the woman with the baby and the little boy are--I don't think they're relatives. This is circa 1895, I believe.
Ellen called after dinner and we had a good chat. The superintendent (of schools) for her district is having a Zoom call with the teachers this afternoon to talk about what's coming for the new school year. I'll be interested in hearing about it.  

1 comment:

iloveac said...

I'm right there with you Rosemary. Even here I can't get anyone to take a ride in the car let alone eat out somewhere outside when it's not so hot. Everyone has had it with these restrictions. We can go out....but where....I think it's particularly difficult for those of us without spouses or a buddy. I'm sure the opposite is true for some folks who are sick of their spouses being present 24/7. Something's got to change. No wonder the young kids are so frustrated, they're ignoring the guidelines so they can socialize and I understand why they are.

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...