Tuesday, July 07, 2020

My Day And Marmite

Before breakfast, I put in a load of wash and showered and washed my hair. After, I went over to Von's to stock up on more blueberries (I put some in the freezer) and for broccoli and tangerines. I made out the check for Tony C., the landscaper who had done a lot of foliage clean-up at my house. The charge was $399.48 (I have no idea why he didn't add the extra fifty-two cents) and I walked to the post office to mail it. That brings my total repairs and so on at my house in Little Egg in the last few weeks to a hefty $974.17, but hey, it's only money.
The big news is that the woman at the Housing Rights Commission finally called me back (I had left a message on June 26) and yes, it seems we actually have a case. She gave me the number for something called the D.A. Mediation Unit and recommended I call. I did and left a message.
Lunched, sticking to my half-hour later resolve, so by the time I finished, it was after two. I just fooled around a bit on the laptop, then did a few minor household chores. Ellen came at 4:00, bringing my brand-new shark. I gave her a check for the cost ($69) and we left it plugged in to charge while we adjourned to the umbrella table area near the pool. I always enjoy being with her so much and it was fun talking together.
El left about 5:45 and went home to drop some stuff off. I found at my door a box from Amazon Prime, opened it, and found this:
It was from my nephew and his wife, David and Polly, who had written on Facebook that I should look for something coming soon. I honestly thought they were sending me pot, as we had talked about it when they were here a few months ago. But this? Why is a mystery, which I hope will be solved on Facebook.
By then it was only 6:00 or so and I impulsively walked to the stop and hopped a bus to the mall. I just walked to Target, looked around, then came back.
Note to myself: On Sunday, I started my revised regimen. I pushed my meal times up a half-hour and resolved to avoid eating (aside from blueberries) during my 8 to 9 pm T.V. time. I'm not happy over the creeping up of the scale; last Friday, it was 132.5 and my comfort zone is between 125 and 130. Two and a half pounds over doesn't seem significant, but it is if I look at the lower end. In that case, it's seven and a half pounds, and I don't want to go there. We'll see how it is this Friday.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...