Sunday, July 12, 2020

Saturday

It was an ordinary Saturday, with nothing much going on, except--ouch!--for an 8:30 am call from Betty. It turned out to be problematic and I don't want to post it here. I would like to share it, though, so I'll outline it in an email to my friend, Pat. I know she'll sympathize.
After I spoke to Betty, I called Ellen and we discussed the situation. There's no "solution" to this, of course, but it helps  to talk it over with someone who cares. I'll call Betty back today, hoping her memory loss kicks and she'll have forgotten about it.
Walked to the Market after breakfast for provisions, then part way back and bused the rest. Even so, I got in about two and a half miles. Lunched, then hopped a bus to town.
Wow, was the joint jumpin'! Most of what I call "the road restaurants" (because their tables and chairs are in the street) were packed people with having a good time. On a beautiful sunny and warm, but very comfortable, day, I wished I had somebody to meet there, too, but so far, no luck with anybody I know.
Stopped in a few stores and bought a book, then just walked to Ventura Avenue and caught the 6 bus home. I decided to have a vegan dinner and enjoyed cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, and Brussels sprouts.



No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...