Friday, July 24, 2020

Thursday

Changed the bed and did a wash, then took off to the market for veggies and rice cakes. It was quite cool (60 degrees when I got up), but warmed up later. As I often do, I walked only part of the way home, then took a bus. That cut off maybe a half-mile, but I still got in roughly two and a half before lunch. After, I cut up the big cauliflower I had bought and popped in the slow cooker.
Went to town in the afternoon and, for the first time in weeks, walked The Promenade. It was a lovely day by then, sunny and warm. I called Stella from there and left a message. Stopped at the library to get the other book by Roger Ebert (Life Itself, which I always thought is the perfect title for an auto-biography). Walked to Ventura Avenue from there and got the number 6 home.
Stella called back and we chatted. She still isn't ready to meet for lunch here in the middle or elsewhere, but that's okay, she'll keep in touch.
I watched another hour of Mirrors and will finish it tonight. It's pretty gory in spots, but not badly done and I like eerie.
Speaking of which: I just looked up Keifer Sutherland on Wikipedia and discovered we have an eerie amount in common! To wit:
We were both born on December 21!
We are both fraternal twins!
He lives in Toluca Lake, California and my cousin lives in Toluca!
He's worth millions and I...
Guess I'm in a silly mood.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...