Friday, July 17, 2020

Thursday

I stripped the bed and re-made it before breakfast (but not before coffee--no, no, nothing before coffee!); added other items and did a wash.
I took off for The Market about 10:30 and stocked up on goodies: cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, and tomatoes. After lunch, I did my  usual with the latter, with onions and seasonings, and popped it in the oven. While that was cooking, I cut up the cauliflower and divided into two portions, then trimmed the broccoli, I'll put the carrots in the slow cooker today.
I called Lolly from T.O.P.S. to ask her to come a little early today.  Since we're weighing here, I'll be showing the others to the middle and I thought it would be best if she waited out front, if others should come when I'm out of sight. To my surprise, she seemed reluctant to do that. I'm not sure, but maybe she sleeps later and consider 8:45 early. (To me, it's the middle of the afternoon.) However, it's not necessary, I guess, so we'll just go with the flow.
Lolly told me that Lora had fallen down stairs, broken a bone in her foot and sprained her wrist. I called her to commiserate; Lora said the sprain hurts worse than the break.
I ran into tiresome Michelle, along with a woman named Kay, who also doesn't use a computer and also would like me to call or text with any news about the utilities thing. Hey, hold your breath until I do that, girls.
Speaking of utilities, the new bill came, which is $66.17. I still haven't heard back from any attorney or the Bar Association; I'll give them a week, then call again.
Impulsively, I took a bus to Oxnard about 3:30. I had no idea if Greg was working, but thought I'd check and darn if I didn't run into him at the door. Happily, he was on a break, so suggested we go over to some outdoor chairs and tables, which we did. We sat and chatted for twenty minutes or so, which was very enjoyable. He had some news I'm not at liberty to divulge here, but I was interested to hear it.
At 6:45, I was just finishing dinner when I got a call from a woman named Angela at "Tenants Together." This is a non-profit organization (a 5013C), recognized by by the state. When I asked how it was funded, she said she didn't know, but they used volunteers and she was one of them. I must have called them, but it was so long ago, I don't even remember them--as with everything else, it seems, they're backlogged. Anyway, I filled her in on the situation and we talked for a half hour. After, she sent me a long email, which I haven't read closely yet.
Talked to Ellen about meeting Greg and her Zoom call with the superintendent. Nothing has been decided yet about the new school year, except that it will start on August 27.
  




No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...