Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Back To The Doldrums...

It was a pokey day, the high point of which was food prep. I pared and cut the beets, did the same to the plums, and put the latter in the slow cooker. Also washed, cored, and sliced the sweet peppers and prepared the spinach. I like to have things ready for dinner and not have to prepare them at the time.
I emailed my group (of five) to tell them I hadn't heard back from the bar association and I'd offer fifty; they all agreed to chip in.
I set out for the park, but by that time, it was almost 12:00 and I decided to skip it. Ran into Michelle on the way and asked her about a ten buck contribution toward the attorney. NOT to my surprise, she said she wasn't willing to contribute. Of course, she expects to have the information shared and she can rot in--.
Anyway, all that is moot. I called the bar, Rosie wasn't in, but I left a message and talked to someone else. She was very courteous, but nixed the more money idea and I can understand why. Their program is $35 for a half hour consult and I guess that can't be changed. Anyway, she said most attorneys are very busy now, what with COVID, so I guess we'll just have to wait.
I sent Bianca a message about my suggestion that I arrange for the filing cabinet to be removed, then buy anew and submit the bill. To my surprise, she okay it. However, I called Ellen and she has a cold, I'm afraid. Hope she feels better soon.
Went to town after lunch and picked up a book at the library (one of Roger Ebert's reviews). Then just walked down Main passed all the people enjoying themselves and bused back.
I got the estimate for repair of the AC in Sunrise Bay for over nine thousand. For some peculiar reason, he included the furnace--WHAT? Since when is anything wrong with the furnace?  I'm getting other estimates, dammit.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...