Monday, July 06, 2020

Sunday

I was pleased to have completed the whole Sunday crossword (geez, it doesn't take much to please me). Usually, I get most of it, but leave two or three blank. 
Walked to Wal-Mart after breakfast and got magic markers, the sleep aids I've been taking for fifteen years, and a pair of sneaks. We'll see if they're as good as my Easy Spirits--probably not, but I'll give them a try. Stopped at the Market and got a few things, including pomegranate vinegar--looks good. Bused home. 
Betty called and we chatted. She said our brother, Frank, called her and he's been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Yes, we've all known that for several years, along with what else we know, but I didn't, of course, say that to her.
After lunch, I put several books in my cart and walked to the park and the little library. I put in some (plus the idiotic DVD If A Stranger Calls) and borrowed a few. Combined with the books I already own, I now have enough to read for the next twenty years, I think.
Took a bus to the transit center, then another home. I had bought a big box of beautiful large mushrooms at Von's, which I halved, dressed with olive oil and garlic, and popped in the oven. Added to my turkey stir-fry dinner, they were yummy.
I'm still on the puzzle kick and did this clip art one yesterday:
Betty called again about 7:00, wanting to know if I was coming to see her today--sigh. It seems that every time I tell her I might be able to come on Thursday, she thinks I meant the next day. I think I'll call Carolyn to check and see if this Thursday or another day is okay.   




No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...