Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Tuesday

I'm back in the library at 4:25 pm and this is the way it will be for a while. What a drag.
This morning, I changed my sheets and did a load of wash. Had lunch early, showered and dressed, then left for the 1:00 "Ventura Senior Readers Theatre" at the adult center.
To be honest, I wasn't expecting much. As the members gathered--three men and about twelve woman (a common ratio at this age), I noticed they were all in their later years--a few sixties, maybe, but mostly seventies and maybe eighties. I prepared to listen to a labored drone, while they read the storybooks in turn.
Wow, was I surprised! They were really, really good! They had some rudimentary props and costumes, which worked very well and they all, actually without exception, put the stories over with great zest and animation. There were two other visitors, Beverly and Theresa, there and we were all very enthusiastic. The readers acted out three stories, Chrysanthemum, Owen, and something about a pansy.
Today, at 10:30, I'm going to an actual performance of this group at the third-grade class at Sacred Heart School. One of the members lives nearby, as Theresa does, and will pick both of us up.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...