Thursday, September 19, 2019

Sort Of A Bummer

Yesterday was partly a bummer.
I've been trying to list my car on Craig's List, but for some reason, they've blocked it. They seem never to respond to questions and I'm not sure what else to do.
Drove over to Sheri's and Ken's house to get some stamps. They are collectors and two of the local experts on the topic; of course, they're active in the stamp club here. I had asked if they could spare a few stamps from various countries for my six-year-old grandson in Tokyo. He and his classmates take them to school and the teacher leads a discussion on the countries. Did they have some discards I could have?
Why, yes, I suppose you could say they had a few. They have a very large house on a high hill  overlooking the whole city and the ocean beyond. There are two garages underneath and those garages are filled with boxes, bags, binders, and almost every other kind of container known, containing hundreds of thousands of stamps. The three of us went through a random box and they gave me about two hundred stamps from every continent and, seemingly every country and territory on earth. Some were old, but they assured me they were not valuable.
In return, I gave them some Singapore stamps, which they were pleased to get. They also said Japanese ones were somewhat hard to acquire--I don't know why--so I'll give them the ones I've saved from son and daughter-in-law.
More bummer part:  I had parked in their driveway, which is on a slant. As I backed out, I hit some kind of divider and there's now a three-inch gash  on my previously pristine car. Stopped at Auto Zone for a paint pen, but wasn't sure of the exact color of red, so will have to research it.
Driving home, I was held up on Telegraph by the mall for twenty minutes, which I later found out was because of a funeral procession--not sure who's. I finally got out of line and had to retrace my steps--or tracks--which added about 45 minutes to my ride home.
Yes more bummer: I had intended to go to a two-hour Alzheimer's program in Oxnard today, but didn't know how to get there by bus, so called the Access Van. They'd pick me up, sure, but between 7:55 and 8:17 for the 10 to 12 session, which is only about twenty minutes away. I finally decided to cancel and I did. They will be having another in October in Ventura, so I'll go to that.
I went out to the store and called Ellen from the parking lot with my tale of woe. She offered to do the Craig's List for me tomorrow--she had a load of work to finish at school. I felt a little better after talking to her. Went to Sprouts for grapes and strawberries and saw Suzanne, my fellow T.O.P.S. member, who's a cashier there. Chatted with her and things were looking up by the time I got home.


No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...