Thursday, September 05, 2019

Chores, Books, And Happy Hour

Called Diane early and we discussed Happy Hour. After breakfast, I started in on the rest of the put-off stuff  and, finally, happy day, I'm just about finished. Now I just (just!) have to file all the paper work and otherwise tidy up. Sent Tony C. a check for the work he did recently at my house in Jersey. He also texted me to the effect that it needs the bushes trimmed and a cleanup. I asked him to give me an estimate.
Made my roasted tomato, onion, garlic dish and a lot of it. When it's cooked and cooled, I keep it in a large glass jar in the fridge and just add it to my salad every day. Took a book back to the library, I'm still working on three, including a fiction: Stephen King's Exultation, a very short one for him, which is so-so. I'm halfway finished How We Die Now, by an Irish doctor, who brings up some interesting points about modern death, including the "celebration of life" thing. I find that thoroughly idiotic, especially if live birds, balloons, or bubbles are involved and so does he. I also have, but haven't started yet, The Road to Camelot/Inside JFK's Five Year Campaign. I like political inside stories and hope this isn't a whitewash.
My sliding glass door in the living room was stuck, so I called the office and was told Javier would come and fix it after lunch. I cleaned up a little, then walked to the Victorian Pub for happy hour. I was early, so I stopped into the nearby 99-Cent store and got Stevia. Met Diane in there and we strolled to the Pub together. Carolyn and Nancy came shortly after and we had a good time.
I insisted that we start taking turns deciding where we'd go--I'm tired of being the social director, so next time, it's Carolyn's choice and she picked Lemon y sal. Let's hope she remembers happy hour isn't until 5:00 there.
Walked home, so I got in about three miles, which I was glad to do. Home about 6:15 and I saw that my sliding door was fixed. Good.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...