Thursday, September 26, 2019

Triple A And Happy Hour

Called the AAA claims adjuster, Melissa, and told her my take on the guy whose car I hit in September, 2018; he's claiming $4000 worth of injury, the lying jackal. I told Melissa he seemed perfectly fine to me, having gotten out of his car and spoken to me. Now, of course, he has neck, back, and other injuries, although how my little Ford could cause that much injury to him in his big RV is beyond me.
Well, the hell with it. I think I'll just pay the registration and the next month's insurance, then go with what Carlota told me yesterday about lowering the payments. In the meantime, I'll try to sell the car and get a less expensive one and just insure it for it as required.
My friend, Vera, lived in Ventura Del Sol years ago and mentioned a footbridge over the freeway nearby. I found it yesterday morning, walked over, and was happy to see it's a direct route to the Hill Street branch of the library. It's a good walk, too, maybe a mile and a half there and back, and includes inclines on both sides--good for the legs.
Before lunch, I went through my closet and picked out three nice jackets I know I'll never wear, so took them over to Diane, who likes them a lot. Had a glass of iced tea with her.
Showered and changed for Happy Hour and met Diane and Carolyn at Cafe Fiore. Nancy had sent a message that she was unusually tired and needed to skip it this time. She's due for her infusion, but the nurse who does it wasn't in; I can't imagine why she wasn't notified, as she went all the way there. I think her hemoglobin has dipped much too low. I hope she's okay for our movie excursion tomorrow.
H.H. at Cafe Fiore was good--Carolyn and I had the antipasto plate, Diane the goat cheese fritters.  Carolyn was much more talkative and "with it" than usual. I'm not sure if that's because there were only two of us otherwise or what. Diane and I had a bit of a wrangle over her ga-ga ideas re anything supernatural that comes down the pike. When I questioned, she accused me of never accepting any new ideas. However, we're okay after--I just wish she would make these new agey, anti-science pronouncements so often.
Called Ellen from the bus, then home. I was a bit concerned, but she called me later to say she had been in the shower. I don't know why I have such worries and fears, but not sure how to avoid them. 

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...