Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Cauliflower And My Car*

Went to WinCo for cauliflower and spinach, then to the 99 Cent store for various. AAA is right across the street, so I impulsively stopped in to ask about my horrendous insurance rise.
I'm glad I did; I spoke to a lovely young woman--Carlota--who couldn't be more intelligent, knowledgeable, and courteous. She told me my accident would have put me in a number 1 category--the least worst, I take it--but because the guy I hit said he had suffered injuries, it placed me in number 2, with the much higher premium.
WHAT? Since when did he suffer injuries? He got out of his vehicle--by the way, not a little Ford Fiesta like mine, but a big RV--spoke to me, walking fine, talking fine, no blood pouring into the road--in short, I think he's a scam artist. I'm even more convinced of the since I looked him up on White Pages; he has 25 violations. Anyway, I told this to Carlota and she gave me the name and number of the claims examiner, whom I'll call today.
We also discussed the possibility of me selling my car, then buying a very inexpensive one and just having the required insurance. I'd be fine with that, especially I intend to keep taking the bus for the most part.
Speaking of which, I took one after lunch to town (after preparing the cauliflower and putting it in the slow cooker with spices), walked Main Street from the library and back again. Stopped in and read for a while, took out another book, then back to the bus. I left it at the mall/transit center and walked down to Target to get more blueberries, then home.
Aside from that, nothing much going on.
*That's a silly heading, but I just love alliteration.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...