Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Lunch And Leonardo

Since there's no bus or van service on Labor Day--the reason for which I can't fathom--I walked to the widder lunch. It's about two miles and it was pretty hot, but I had no problem and I was glad to do it. I arrived just at noon and the only one here was Susan (suicide eight years ago); Carolyn (suicide ten years ago) came soon after , but Nancy (a variety of ailments four years ago) was with family for the holiday. Interestingly, a new Nancy (colon cancer four years ago), a teacher in Oxnard, came.
Usually, we have at least eight or ten for lunch and quite a few more for dinner, but this time, there was just the four of us. Much as I like the bigger group, this was good, too--we were able to all talk together and we ranged over "what happened," "dating history after the death," and "children and their problems."
Susan took me home and I started looking for the pumpkin poem and sketches I did years ago, then revived for Toastmasters. I'm going to attend a Senior Readers Theatre thing next week and may join. They go to different elementary schools and read for the younger grades. If it's just reading without some acting, I won't do it, nor will I if there's a raft of self-absorbed old people, but I want to look into it. Damnit, though, I couldn't find pumpkin poem--can't imagine what I did with it. I actually took a nap after and slept for about two hours. Walked over to Von's for romaine; since I had had pesto pasta for lunch, I had my usual daily salad for dinner.
Suzanne stopped in after and we chatted about various, including our plans to go to the Leonardo da Vinci exhibit at the Reagan Library on either Friday or Saturday. Either is okay for me.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...