Saturday, September 28, 2019

Doin' My Thing

Went to T.O.P.S. and even stayed for the B-OR-I-N-N-G "program," which consisted of the six people there reading some stuff about the keto and paleo diets. I'm surprised I lasted through it. However, I was pleased to have lost 1.6, bringing me to 131.2, not quite within my desired "zone," but close.
When I got home, I checked my messages and found that John White, whom I had met at the poetry thing Thursday night, had called me. He's an artist (abstract), about 80, but looks a lot younger, and seems to have a variety of physical problems. He uses a walker and I found out later he has to have a hip replacement and that his legs and feet are badly swollen. He had left the address of his studio, so I hopped on the bus after lunch and dropped in.
We chatted for fifteen or so until his "assistant" came in. I assume she's not a certified aide because she's a college student, maybe 19 or 20 and he pays her directly. He mentioned that he's an "event performer," besides being an artist. He described going to the poetry group (he doesn't do poetry), smashing a banana on his head, wiping it off with his hand, then going around the room asking people to shake hands. (Where in the HELL do these people find me?) He invited me to go to some kind of "performance" on the weekend. I guess I'd rather do that than hang by my thumbs for three days, but...
Left there and walked Main. Stopped into the archaeological museum (free) and viewed the artifacts, and spoke to the young woman attendant--very intelligent and pleasant person and I enjoyed it. Went up to the library to get the bus. Got off at the mall and got my blueberries at Target, then home.
I stopped into Suzanne's, who had been away last weekend, also, and we had an enjoyed catching-up talk.
Cooked up my ground turkey/shredded onions/sliced peppers/garlic stir-fry and it was yummy.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...