Monday, September 30, 2019

Staples

After the usual Sunday morning routine, I drove to several stores for staples. For me, that includes chicken thighs, broccoli, mushrooms, romaine, onions, two pounds of tomatoes, Killer Dave's bread, and a few other things. I had a coupon for Beyond Burger, which I rather foolishly bought--foolishly because I've had them before and although these are tasty and I favor veganism, they're 1.) expensive and 2.) at 250 calories for a slim patty, high in calories. No, I don't count calories as a rule (I eat mostly foods that don't list calories, because they're plants), except for something packaged like this. Anyway, I put them in the freezer and will eat sometime.
Spent a few hours on food prep (I could never skip that and keep off the 52 pounds I lost). Seasoned and roasted the chicken thighs; pared and pre-cooked a big butternut squash I bought the other day; sliced the lettuce and, as I usually do, divided it into two large bowls, reserving one for today; hard-boiled four eggs to put in my salads; and sliced two large onions and put them in the fridge, as I intend to make my usual tomato/onion bake today. I put one chicken piece in the fridge for lunch and froze the others in individual portions.
Ate lunch, then actually lay down for an hour or so--I don't think I slept, but not sure. Invigorated, I walked to the bus stop, where I could get either the number 10 to east Ventura , or  the 6 or 21, both of which go to Oxnard. I decided I'd just take whichever came along first and it was the number ten. I rode down (up?) Telegraph for about two miles, disembarked and walked home. Texted Ellen that my tire is still nice and firm and she said to keep an eye on it.


No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...