Monday, September 16, 2019

Sunday

I tidied up and arranged a few other things yesterday, including the lovely and creative cards sent by my Japanese daughter-in-law.  Went to Smart 'n' Final for ground turkey and Maxwell House, then to Grocery Outlet for the frozen Brussels  sprouts Diane had mentioned--I bought five bags. I like fresh vegetables most, but read that frozen actually retains more vitamins and minerals.
Chris from Senior Theatre called t ask if I would drop off my rubber chicken, as they have a story they can use it in. Did so and we chatted for an hour or so--or rather, I listened. Her sister has acromegaly,* which causes enlargement of body parts; she's in a small (six bed) faculty in San Luis Obispo. Got a birthday card for my Singapore daughter-in-law and will send tomorrow. Fooled around on the Internet for a time. Stopped at O'Leary's where Diane wanted to have Happy Hour next, but found they don't serve food, only booze. Called to tell her that.
I got a text from Tony C., my gardener in Jersey, giving me as estimate for trimming the shrubs and general cleanup. Hmm...I thought I paid him to do that a short time ago. Will check to see when and get back to him.
Weekends in general and Sundays in particular are not very enjoyable for me. I get lonely, as it seems everybody's with their families or whomever, except me. Ellen is off, but she works long hours the rest of the week and usually needs that time for other things. It helps to have projects to do and rearranging and so on are mine.
*Spellcheck doesn't know how to spell it, so I had to look it up.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...