Saturday, September 21, 2019

T.O.P.S. And Pollution

Reluctantly went to T.O.P.S. and found I was up to 132.8, a gain of a pound or so. That's not within my zone and I need to correct it. Only Cheryl, Carolyn, and Becky showed up for the meeting; presumably, Lolly, the leader, was coming later. As for me, I just thought the hell with it and left. Maybe I'll attend just to get weighed, or go once a month, or maybe I'll buy a scale and not go at all. At this point, I just find it a major pain in the ass.
Did a wash to prepare for the weekend. Niece Carolyn called to say she'll  leave Santa Barbara at 2:00 today, then pick me up, so it will probably be about 2:45. Got out my suitcase and put a few things in--I'll finish today.
Went to town after lunch. Walked from Main to The Promenade, then made the loop back to the library. I took out a true-murder book and the one by Omarosa called Unhinged about her years with Trump before she got the boot. It's holding my interest pretty well, although I'm only up to chapter three. Haven't yet gotten to her relationship with Trump, which I can imagine was pretty fraught.
I came across a climate gathering in the park. Guess we all know the biggest polluter in the world.
 
But which entity holds the title?
https://www.ecowatch.com/military-largest-polluter-2408760609.html
If that isn't addressed--and it seems never even to be hinted at--I raise a cynical eyebrow at all the earnest talk about how life on earth is menaced.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...