Tuesday, September 17, 2019

A Lotta Stuff And The Car

Did a load of bleach wash--all the whites and two sets of sheets. Changed the bed. Walked to the post office to mail a birthday card for Paula, my Singapore daughter-in-law. Did a bunch of paper/on-line/financial stuff. Walked to Von's for romaine. And oh, yes, I put my car up for sale.
At least I tried to on Craig's List, but for some reason, it didn't come up. I sent them a message asking why.
Image may contain: car and outdoorThe reason I finally bit the bullet and listed it is because I figured out I'll be paying $4,499.40 a year in auto insurance for the next four years. That's three times as much as it was before my accident. I feel pretty low about it, but I just can't see continuing to drive, considering I also have car payments. Of course, that's not even figuring in gas, repairs, or any other maintenance. I know I need to do this, but boy, it's gotten me down.
However, I perked up when I got to the widder dinner last evening. Barbara Q. was there and when I mentioned I was selling the car, she asked for more info. It seems she's looking for a car for her grandson and she might very well be interested. She also asked if I'd be interested in a cruise to Mexico in January or February. Could be, tell me more, and she will.
Barb is CEO of the fairgrounds and a very sharp cookie. She also has rather--I'll say a "liberated" mouth--that is, is not shy about expressing herself with naughty words. So refreshing.
Had a good time. There were about twelve attending, including Greg, the sole male this time. Nancy and Carolyn were there, of course; Nancy asked if I wanted to see the Downton Abbey movie next week. Although I don't watch it on T.V., yes, I'd like to and we will. Betty called to see if I was coming to SB today. No, of course not, I was there on Friday and will see her again when we go to L.A. on Saturday.
Left a bit after 7:00 and it was already dusk. Didn't see a bus on Telephone, so I started walking. I got all the way to Victoria and one still didn't come. Well, what the hell, I walked home from there, so covered 2.2 miles, I'm pleased to note.
And--great news--I didn't wake up this morning until 5:15. I hope my quasi-insomnia was the result of not walking as much.
But--bad news. Got up this morning and, as always, turned on the coffee maker (I always set it up the day before). Washed, brushed teeth, then went to pour my...AAGH!  It didn't turn on and doesn't work. Damn, I paid eighteen dollars for that when I moved here four years ago--a ripoff (ha!) I immediately dressed and rushed over to Von's for Starbucks. Will go find another coffee maker as soon as possible today.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...