Saturday, August 12, 2017

T.O.P.S And So On

Walked Kimball, changed, then went to T.O.P.S. I was delighted to find I've reached the thirty pounds off mark--happy day! Now I'm looking forward to another milestone: getting into the one forties (I'm at 152.2 now.)
Didn't get breakfast until after 10:00, then drove over to Ojai to get my senior pass for national parks. It was ten dollars, as I had been told. Lenny (Lenore), our new T.O.P.S.leader had said her husband--a retired minister, incidentally--was distributing the passes for the forestry service and they cost twenty dollars apiece. I'm puzzled over this; surely, he isn't surreptitiously charging double to make himself a little something on the side, is he? Or maybe he just got mixed up, I dunno. Left a message for Lenny with the news.
By the time I got back to town, it was almost 1:00. I was hungry, but decided to do my second walk before going home. Did so, and didn't get lunch until 2:00. Just as I was finishing my salad, Suzanne came over.
She said she had a good time in Iowa, Wisconsin, and Indianan--all places that seem as exotic to me as Addis Ababa--and showed me pictures of the retreat house and her aunt's ninetieth birthday. Happily, I didn't kill the African violets and orchid she had entrusted to my care and she brought me a nice bag of cherries as a thank you. We talked for about an hour; what a wonderful neighbor she is and I'm glad to see her back.
As soon as she left, I went out to get lettuce, sweet peppers, and a few other staples. Made ground turkey stir fry for dinner.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...