Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Preparations

Kimballed first thing, of course. After breakfast, I checked out my ticket to NM, for which I paid already. Drove to the Sheraton Four points on the waterfront to find out about the shuttle. Yes, the Airporter goes from there, but if I left my car, it would cost me another seventy bucks. Called some cab companies to find getting to the Sheraton and back would cost me forty-two dollars! Hell, no, I'll find another way.It's only six miles away, but a bit far to walk.
Called the paper to suspend for a week, stopped at the post office to fill out a "hold" card, and got a call from brother Jim, asking why our cousin, John, kept sending him e-mails about distant cousin, Tony. Well, you got me, but I guess he thought we'd be interested.
Betty called. She's still having pain, plus other unpleasant internal symptoms--things aren't working properly. I hope she calls the doctor back and they try something else. Anyway, she asked for brother Frank's phone number, which is something else that's worrisome. Why? Because she's asked me for it at least three times in the last ten days or so; of course, I gave it to her, but this forgetfulness seems to be increasing.
Did the usual walk in town and when I passed The Coalition Thrift Store, I noticed three women discussing the plate displayed in the window, which is marked $25.00. This is the pattern of which I have six shallow bowls and I had wondered about them before, On a hunch, I asked if they knew something about it. Why, yes, one of them did; she told me the design was called "Indian Tree," and that it was used by several china makers. Looked it up when I got home and found my exact make; it seems they sell for twenty bucks each and I have six, but I'd rather keep the bowls.
Stopped at SCAN on the way home to drop off some reading material our new T.O.P.S. director, Lenny, gave me to read. I skipped over a lot of it--very boring and I have no interest in the conduct of the meetings. I did ask the office assistant, Elissa, if I could come in Thursday morning and weigh myself; she said sure. I just want to use the same scale I have every week since March, and keep track, even though it won't be an "official" recording.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...