Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Variety

Walked Kimball, did the wash routine, called a few black-hearted corporations, such as the Ventura County Star, and went to WinCo for blueberries. I was horrified to find they didn't have any and they probably won't for a few days. What do they expect me to snack on at night, anyway?
I've been e-mailing Lynn W., director of docents at Dudley House (nice alliteration there) and the upshot was that I'll act a "greeter" this Sunday, tag along with tours until the end of the year, then be a full-time docent as of January. Yoicks--I'd better get busy on acquiring my 1890s oufit!
Did some computer work and otherwise occupied myself before lunch. After, I completed walk #2, read for a while in the library, then sat in Mission Park and called Nancy. We had a nice chat and decided we'd meet for lunch next week. Stopped at Sprouts on my way home and, happy day, they had blueberries, although they were outrageously expensive. Bought peaches, too, plus two tiny bottles of Chardonnay, just to have on hand.

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...