Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Wal-Mart and Salinger

At the start of my Kimball walk, I ran into Irene (not literally) and we stopped to chat for a bit. Got my BP done after and it was 98/60, still pretty low, but I feel fine.
Went to Wal-Mart for a few things and happened to see some nice leggings and tops, very inexpensive. Bought several for my trip to NM. Didn't try them on until I got home and found I needed a medium, not a large, so took one back and exchanged it. Took a wash to the wash place; ran the dishwasher; prepared a spaghetti squash; and started pulling together the clothes I'll take on my trip.
Took off for town after that for my second daily walk. At the library, I was delighted that the bio of J.D. Salinger I had requested had come in. After a decades-long hiatus, I'm reading him again. Have finished Raise High the Roofbeams, Carpenter and Seymour, An Introduction. I'm now in the Zooey portion of Franny and Zooey and if there's a more absorbing long short story (or novella), I've never read it. It's so good I never want it to end.
Rang Suzanne's bell at 5:00 when I got home. I wanted to get Don's number and ask if he might take a twenty to drive me to the Sheraton for the shuttle. However, Suzanne offered to do it herself, which was so good of her.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...