Friday, August 18, 2017

Day of Departure

Walked the walk. Changed my sheets, took them to the laundry place, and added a few other items. After going back and forth to dry and fold, I packed a few more things. Boy, I have enough for a month, I guess, but I'm afraid I always pack heavy. Besides, I have those new clothes I bought (like an idiot, maybe) and I hope I can wear them. Looked through my thousands of picture and found one of a certain couple going to their high school prom. I'll take that with me, along with a few others. Finished up all my bill-paying and other on-line chores, had lunch, then took off for town.
Did the usual. At the library, I sat and read for an hour, this time one I had read before: Dr. Nuland's How We Die. It might seem depressing or frightening to some, but I don't find it so; rather, it was absorbing in a kind of mysterious way.
Got a welcome e-mail from one of brother Frank's daughters, to the effect that he's now home and seems to be recovering well, at least physically, although it's still iffy. Called him twice, but no answer and left messages. I'll try again while I'm away. Brother Jim called, still mystified as to why our cousin is sending us e-mails on a very distance relative. Well, who knows?
Just got up at 5:00, a few minutes ago, and off I'll go to the shuttle shortly.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...