Friday, April 08, 2016

Wash and WinCo

After my busy social schedule of the last week, I was just as glad to turn my attention to homely things. Took two loads of wash to the laundry facility, as ever waiting in between wash and dry. Put cut-up cauliflower and chicken broth in the slow cooker, added shredded cheddar on top and had that--just that--for dinner.
Betty called and we hashed over the L.A. visit. I got a few financial items done: called TD Auto to see if I could change the due date for the auto loan. There's no problem, but it would be more convenient to have it come in after I receive my rent money. I want to try to get my recurring payments in line so I don't have to check and see if I can cover. Wouldn't you know, there's somewhat of a hassle to change it. They have to send me a form and I have to sign it, then send it back--what a drag.
Finally, at long last, I ordered a chest of drawers on-line. It still bugs me that I can't see it "in person," so to speak first, but I don't want to travel far away to do that. Now I want to get that floor lamp I've been wanting for the living room.
Went to WinCo for this and that and I did it in the rain! Yes, it drizzled a bit and, I understand, we're supposed to get more over the weekend. On the east coast, of course, this much rain would barely be noticed, but here? It's a major event.
Carolyn texted me to tell me her friend had died. Such a shame, but it was good she got to see him on Thursday.
I wondered why I was yawning at 6:00 pm, then remembered I had gotten up at my usual 7:00 am, but hadn't gone to bed until midnight. Now I'm back on track.

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...