Sunday, December 07, 2014

Nada and Acting Class

Rain, drizzle, dark, and gloomy, just the kind of weather my erstwhile friend, Rosalie, calls "ugly."
And I did very little--so little I hardly remember what.  Took four fifty-year-old slides to Rite-Aid to have them made into snapshots. I'm going to send them to my sister-in-law, Regina, because they're of her children as babies; now, of course, they have grandchildren. Regina herself is 94.
Washed clothes, did a bit on the computer, and cleaned up half-heartedly.  Betty called and we talked for a few minutes.  Other than that, just about Nada.
But here's a news flash:  When I got up just now, I found an e-mail from one of my acting students, Sheila R.  She had been teamed with Linda V. to perform A Conversation in Summer, on Tuesday. I had assigned the plays last month (two characters in each) and the idea was, the duos were to rehearse in the interim, present on three succeeding sessions, then I would critique.  Sheila now informs me she and Linda have had a "falling out" and she doesn't know how--or if--Linda wants to proceed.
Great--now I have to try to decide what to do about this. Presumably, I'll have to re-shape the Tuesday class and certainly, it won't be as effective as I had originally planned.  Gr-r-r...


No comments:

Simply Spendid Sunday

I bused to Ojai and got there at 11:00. We waited until Ellen "did" her hair--which means using a kind of revolving brush/dryer to...