Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmasy Stuff

We went all around town doing last-minute Christmas shopping and otherwise preparing for the season.  I got a scarf for Greg's mother; wonder what I can pick up for him.  Town is bustling, although these are weekdays, but this time of year, that's to be expected, of course.
Talked to brother Frank in Alameda and made plans to meet him and Marybeth on Monday in King City.  It's about three and a half hours from here, slightly less for F.and M., and we'll all stay over.
I bought a new TracFon, but had all kinds of problems trying to activate it.  Finally, the company determined somebody had stolen the SIM card in it.  They could send a new one in my mail, but no, I'll take this back and get another.
Ellen continued to add to the lovely little tree, which we've now determined looks a little goofy blinking on and off, so have made steady.  We found at the door a beautiful floral arrangement from Mike, with a Merry Christmas note to both of us--very festive and pretty.  I also received a sealed card from my friend, with a note on the envelope to open on December 21, my birthday--yes!
Today, we plan to check out some possible apartments for me, in anticipation of my future move out here, although it's early, of course.

No comments:

Simply Spendid Sunday

I bused to Ojai and got there at 11:00. We waited until Ellen "did" her hair--which means using a kind of revolving brush/dryer to...