Saturday, December 13, 2014

Lots of Stuff and Nonsense

Busy with getting ready for my trip.  Went over to the doctor's office to get a refill for Ativan.  Simple, huh?  Hardly.  New regs: You have to actually see the medical person (Dawn, in this case) and, of course, pay the $20 co-pay.  Even though I've been taking this stuff when I fly for twenty years and never had to before?  Yes, sure, whatever the powers that be can do to drive you crazy and to the poor house, they'll do.
However, I had a nice chat with Dawn, who told me her group, the Margate Players, will do Chicago next summer.  Wow, that's a coup; hope I have a chance to see it.
I also learned that my cholesterol is much, much better--bad down, good up--and my blood pressure is fine.  That on top of the stress test news: "no significant blockage," set me up for the day.
I asked to have Wal-Green's be sent the order, as I didn't think I'd get to Wal-Mart yesterday. Turns out I did, but it couldn't have been much less expensive there: ten anti-anxiety beauties cost me a whopping $2.04.
Talked to my new pal, Gabe, the Acura guy, and we made a date for me to go over on Monday to have the new key, plus a remote, made. Called Chuck, who sold me the car, and he agreed to pay half of what it will cost to fix the wipers, but his mechanic has to do it.  Will contact him after I get back.
My friend came for lunch and to say goodbye. She took the wicker chest I'm giving to granddaughter-in-law, Noelle, plus the three poinsettias I had, and a bag of onions.
Shortly after, Susan called to ask me for lunch, but I had already eaten.  She was having her lunch group (I went to dinner with mine last week) and one person cancelled.  I did go over later for a glass of champagne and what turned out to be a rather heated exchange about "terrorists" and the outrageous violations of travelers' rights at airports.  Oh, yes, they all thought it was "keeping us safe"; I was the only one who vehemently rejected that cockamamie idea.
Left to drive to Manahawkin after all.  Got a gift card from Pizza Hut for the gang in Wellsboro, then stopped at Wal-mart for a few things.
Home, I fried up the last of the bacon, then threw onions and garlic into the hot grease.  Walter came over with a bowl of lovely lentil soup and a big sandwich from Susan's little gathering and I had them for dinner.  Yum.
I was taken aback to see on Facebook that my granddaughter-in-law has written a book, which is coming out shortly.  She lists me as "editor," although I remember only going over a story of hers; didn't know she was planning a book.

No comments:

Simply Spendid Sunday

I bused to Ojai and got there at 11:00. We waited until Ellen "did" her hair--which means using a kind of revolving brush/dryer to...