Sunday, December 14, 2014

Lots More

More busy.  After breakfast, I made a batch of Nana Mix to send up north.  Packed it in the Post Office's "anything you can get in there, regardless of weight" boxes, which cost $12.65 within the U.S. Wrote out Christmas cards for immediate and birth family, arranged for an Amazon certain something, consolidated my multitude of notes (do this, pack that, don't forget these), and got a few things in the suitcase.
There are a slew of things I have to take care of when I get back, especially change of health insurance and new car stuff.  For some ungodly reason, Allstate is raising my premium by $46.20 a year. Why? Oh, yes, I'm going to call them Monday and chew them out.
Called Chuck, who sold me the car and he agreed to pay half the cost for a new wiper switch, although I have to take it to his mechanic.  Hey, fine by me, I'm sure it's cheaper than Acura.
Frank-Next-Door and Barbara are back. Today, they're carol with the rest of us in LETCO, so I'm pleased about that.  Don't know if they'll go to the Henry's after for the hot buttered rum, but you can bet I will.
I was pleased to get a call from my dear friend, Marge, and we had a good talk.  Marge is almost exactly then years older than I am and has a number of physical problems.  She and Fred are two of the major reasons I'll be sorry to leave here.
Finally got to Kohl's--a madhouse, of course--and bought shoes; hope they're as comfy as they look.  Dropped a blank check off for Mary S.; she'll pay the exercise person who will conduct weight training at the clubhouse, starting in January.  
Ellen Skyped me and we were happy to chat.  Linda, her tenant, has gotten an apartment in Santa Barbara, which means I'll have my own room and bath again.  Much as I hate to see Linda go, that will be refreshing.

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...