Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Errands and Chores

Completed almost all on a long list of errands and chores, unusual for me. Switched my car insurance, which necessitated a call to Chuck, who sold me the car, as I couldn't read the I.D. number he had written down.  Got the title to the old car out of my safety deposit box. Filled my tank for the first time and was pleased to hear it humming right along like--well, whatever hums right along.
At Shop-Rite, I bought a slew of eateries, including chicken drumsticks, three of which I roasted for lunch while I folded clothes.
I wanted to duplicate the car key (Chuck had only one) and went to Wal-Mart, but was unpleasantly surprised to find it can't be copied there, as it has a chip in it.  When I heard that, I acquired a chip, too--on my shoulder.  Of all the idiot ideas, this takes the cake.  The idea, I guess, is so somebody can't steal your key and have a duplicate made, but come on--it seems much more likely for people to lose it and be stuck. (Of course, a new or even semi-new car would have more than one key.)  The guy at Wal-Mart told me Acura can do it, but will charge a C-note--aagh!  Okay, I'll contact the one in Egg Harbor City today.
Chuck also didn't have an owner's manual for the car, but I was able to send away for one.  It's essential for  me to have it, as I put the windshield wipers on and then couldn't get them to turn off. There are other gadgets and doodads that are different from what I had, so I need to know.
Got the sensor candles and six wreaths out and put them in the windows.  That's all I really want to do, although I have huge box after enormous container filled with Christmas stuff, which I haven't even touched in the four years since Mike and family were here.
I suddenly conceived the notion of selling things on Facebook, so set up a page called "Mimi's Bazaar" (not very original, but I didn't want to spend much time on it).  Put on Christmas and other stuff, but I'm not sure how effective it'll be in getting rid of things.  Besides, I'm already getting a tad bored with it.
The only thing I didn't get done on my list was having the car washed.  I'm meeting Betty for lunch today and hope I can find a place open to do it this morning.  Wouldn't you know, it's raining, anyway.
As a member of "The Sparklers," I'm going to Antonietta's in West Creek for dinner on Thursday.  This place is way the hell out in the swamps, practically in the bay, in fact.  It's a once-a-year outing where husbands are invited.  (If you don't have one, you're out of luck.)  Think I'll ask Virginia H. if I can go with her and Fred.
I was delighted to get a Skype call from the little cutie, Mr. K., who looked adorable in a white shirt, striped sweater, and tie.  The occasion? His graduation from little baby to toddler section at the neighborhood playschool. This isn't, incidentally, a daycare center; parents are expected to go, too. and they interact with the children.  

No comments:

Simply Spendid Sunday

I bused to Ojai and got there at 11:00. We waited until Ellen "did" her hair--which means using a kind of revolving brush/dryer to...