Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Getting Ready

Another day from--if not hell, than maybe a minor purgatory.  Took my car into Acura at 10 and didn't get back on the road for three hours. At my request, I was shuttled to Boscov's. Unfortunately, I had forgotten that the rest of the mall was closed some time ago, so I wandered--bored out of my skull--around B.'s the whole time.
I guess it was worth it, though: They not only reprogrammed me a new set of keys and remotes, they replaced the air bag and gave me a list after checking various systems of the rest of the car.  All got checks in the "green" or "good" column, so that's gratifying.  But here's an example of "you hear what you want to hear" (see post below):  I was sure Gabe had told me the new remote would cost $19.98, but he had actually said "ninety-eight," meaning dollars. But okay, it's worth it to have dups of both.
On the way back, I stopped into the library to say hello and goodbye to Aline. She had a lovely time with Wagner and The Nutcracker in Manhattan over the weekend and when I get back, we'll catch up more fully with each other.
Finally home after getting cash at the bank, I did several loads of wash, packed my suitcase, changed pocketbooks, watered the flowers, assembled various and sundry, and otherwise prepared for my trip.      
Got a lovely Skype call from sweet K. in Tokyo; had breakfast with him and enjoyed it.  My friend called to say godspeed and--assuming Walter stays on the road (never a certainty with him)-- my next stop will be Absecon station.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy and Happy Birthday on the 21st.

Simply Spendid Sunday

I bused to Ojai and got there at 11:00. We waited until Ellen "did" her hair--which means using a kind of revolving brush/dryer to...