Monday, December 29, 2014

A Japanese Art

Spent virtually all day unpacking, putting away, tidying up,* and generally getting back to normal. Went to Acme for thisnthat, stir-fried shrimp for dinner, and don't recall much else of any import.
*Possible life-changing info: Mike gave me a Kindle and the first book I chose to put on it is  The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of De-cluttering and Organizing. The author, Marie Kondo, turns on their ears practically all the other de-cluttering advice I've ever heard, such as "throw one item out a day," "go room by room," "if you haven't used it in a year..." and so on.  I'm reading her ideas with relish and soon I'll follow her recommendations, starting with thanking my possessions for giving me joy.
Yes, it's that kind of book.

3 comments:

iloveac said...

How about posting a daily tip for us to read?

Mimi said...

Hmm. Maybe, if I can properly present her ideas piecemeal, when they're best as a whole. Gimme some time and I'll see.

iloveac said...

You can do it....

Simply Spendid Sunday

I bused to Ojai and got there at 11:00. We waited until Ellen "did" her hair--which means using a kind of revolving brush/dryer to...