Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve Day

We were so pleased to get a Skype call from Mike and the girls in Sydney.  Had a great time virtually visiting with them and having precious little Violet explain Minecraft, a mystery to me, but well known to Ellen, as her third-grade students are heavily into it.
Went to the supermarket for Christmas dinner goodies--salmon, yams, broccoli, and so on--then home for a quick dinner of odds and ends.  Ellen had taken out the DVD of the comedian, Jim Galligan, in his Boston show, and we watched that, me with a nice glass of Chardonney by my side.   He was hysterically funny, and clean, too.
Received a "Happy Christmas" e-mail from long-ago, longtime, Ewing neighbors, Chau and Teresa (Phuong-Mai) Phan.  My Japanese daughter-in-law's parents sent one, too, and I wrote back to both.

No comments:

Simply Spendid Sunday

I bused to Ojai and got there at 11:00. We waited until Ellen "did" her hair--which means using a kind of revolving brush/dryer to...