Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Back to the Groove and the Grind

I'm slowly getting back in the groove, although it's taking a while. Called both the new health insurance and Allstate (car insurance) with questions and got them resolved.  Transferred some dough from my vast holdings into the checking account and will pay off the Discover card, which I used for the car.
Got an e-mail from Ellen and talked to my friend.  Enjoyed lots of pictures from Mike of the family's Christmas holiday in Sydney. What beauties those little girls are--hell, I can say it, grandmother or not!
Called Aline and we had a good time sketching out our activities over the last few weeks.  We made a date for breakfast at Dockside today, so will continue to catch each other up.
Did some wash, then went to the dollar store for a few items. Paid bills on line and otherwise stuck to the grind, more or less.
High point of the day was Breakfast with Baby (sweet potato, rice gruel, spinach, and chicken) which was, of course, after dinner for me.  K. seems to me remarkably advanced for under sixteen months old.  He understands a lot of words and directions and is so curious and interested in a multitude of things.  Of course, it helps that his parents are very bright and engaged themselves.
I'm going to Tonya's and Bob's New Years Eve party tonight. Everybody brings some food to share and I've decided on little finger sandwiches with a cream cheese/pineapple/something else spread.
Continuing to read The Japanese Art...etc., I find myself often nodding in agreement.  One of her little nuggets--and this is a gem, it seems to me--is not to start with things it might be difficult to discard, such as memorabilia. Clothes should come first, as they usually have little sentimental or "rarity" value.  The key, emphasized throughout the book, is to GET RID OF THINGS, not just pack them away, no matter how tempting it is.

No comments:

Simply Spendid Sunday

I bused to Ojai and got there at 11:00. We waited until Ellen "did" her hair--which means using a kind of revolving brush/dryer to...