Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Class,Lunch, and Bookcase

Hey, things are looking up.  It wasn't nearly as bad driving to Margate as I had anticipated.  True, the mile stretch was flooded out, but no big deal, I just went over the Albany Avenue bridge.
Got to the library and was a tad concerned that the parking lot was cordoned off.  However, I found out later it had nothing to do with the weather; they were just re-paving.  Parked on a side street (in several inches of water) and was blown into the Library meeting room.
I was pleased to see that eight of my ten "students" showed up and, since I had known beforehand that Aline and Linda were unable to come, it was good.  Meryl and Bobbi performed Imposter and Lynne and Bernice When Cooks Confer, a comedy.  All four did pretty well--I thought Meryl, who had had no acting experience at all, was very good.  After each, we discussed the play and its characters and later, I met privately with each player to critique their performance.  Gave each a printed sheet I had devised with tips and pointers they can use to expand their acting assets.
After, I met Betty and friends of hers for lunch at Outback.  It was fun in a mild kind of way--these are all earnest Catholics--if not particularly stimulating.
Kathy DeV.  had e-mailed me that she'd like to buy one of my bookcases and she came about 6 pm. She paid the (modest) price, loaded it into her van, and mentioned she may want the other high one, too.
So that was my--happily on its way up--day.

No comments:

Simply Spendid Sunday

I bused to Ojai and got there at 11:00. We waited until Ellen "did" her hair--which means using a kind of revolving brush/dryer to...