Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Quiet

A quiet day.  Went to Staples to see if the CD I have of some old pictures could be duplicated there.  They can, but to the tune of $16 each, which is pretty steep, if you ask me.  I'll think about it. 
Called brother Frank to get my nephews' addresses, so I can send the prints I got in Princeton.  I was alarmed to learn my sister-in-law, Marybeth, had fallen a few weeks ago in their garden, hit her head, and Frank found her unconscious.  She was taken by ambulance to the hospital, where she stayed for four days.  Wow, what a scary experience.
I fell myself yesterday morning, but luckily, suffered no harm.  I had met a neighbor, Georgette S., taking a huge bag of baked goods back into Acme. When I asked about that, she told me she was the volunteer director of the Tuckerton Ministerial Food Bank, but had so much in her car, they wouldn't fit.  She was going have to drive to the bank to see if she could get somebody to come back and get the bag, so I volunteered to do it. 
The bag was so huge and weighed so much, both of us together couldn't get it into my backseat.  Georgette finally asked a male school bus driver for help, and he got it in.  I drove to the food bank and a younger person extracted it.
This is a temporary location; the Food Bank is having a permanent shelter built behind the Methodist church, and I asked to look inside.  It's pretty rough, and the entrance is covered with outdoor carpeting.  I didn't realize the ground was uneven underneath and fell onto my knees.  I was helped up quickly and got only a slightly bruised right knee, but I must be more careful in the future.
Going to Wheaton Village with R.H. today.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...