Thursday, May 02, 2013

Planting Flowers

Instead of turning my attention to the flower beds, I went to the cemetery to see what was needed there; a fair amount of work, as it turned out.  Something--maybe the Mexican heather I planted last year--had run wild and spread all around Pat's grave.  Looked like weeds, so I treated it that way.  Pulled it all up, along with stray other stuff and prepared the soil for flowers after the long winter.
Drove to Produce Junction, which was jammed with people snatching up the gorgeous (and incredibly cheap, my kind of store) flowers and plants, as well as veggies.  Got a bag of oranges and three big, beautiful Gerber daisies.  Back at the cemetery, I put in two yellow on Pat's grave and a deep pink one at Jay's.  I want to go back today to fill in with some lower-lying plants. 
I did get a lot of errands done beforehand: The township had set up its paper-shredding truck at St. Teresa's and I brought some stuff there, then stopped at the library and picked up a recorded book to listen to in the car.  Brought my change container (I empty my loose change into it every day) and was gratified to see it totalled more than $68, even after I removed about ten dollars in quarters for tolls.  Put it in the savings account.
After, I stopped at Shop-Rite, then at Kohl's to try on bathing suits, one more hideous and horrible than the other--didn't buy.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...