Saturday, May 18, 2013

Hydrangeas And Other

I wanted to look for a jacket at Boscov's, so made a lunch date to meet Betty there.  Started out several hours early to stop at Produce Junction first.
Boy, it was mobbed!  I wasn't surprised, as they have a huge array of plants and flowers and their prices are simply rock bottom.  I was blown away by their huge, wonderfully showy hydrangeas and bought two of them, as well as some pretty New Guinea inpatients.  Think I'll go back today--I have Players & Playwrights in Ventnor at 1:00--as there are plenty more I'll like to get.
Not, however, including the azaleas I wanted to put on Pat's grave.  I stopped at the cemetery office and was told I couldn't, as I already have an azalea on either side and, it seems, two is the limit.  I'm debating whether to appeal to the board of trustees or owners, or whomever, or just skip it.  I was pleased to see the Gerber daisies I had put on Jay's grave were still there; watered them and went on my way.
At Boscov's, I was pleased to see they had a large selection of jackets, and I bought one.  I also bought two bathing suits--didn't try them on, but was assured they were returnable, if tags and guards are not removed. 
Waited for Betty at Boscov's entrance, where chairs are thoughtfully provided, and and who should walk in but Connie H.  She sat down and we chatted--lucky them, she and Tom are going to France thanks to a house exchange situation.  Betty came in fifteen minutes or so, and we went to TGIFriday's for lunch.
We had a leisurely one with sisterly conversation, then parted.  I stopped at Marge's to return her charge card and receipt, as I had exchanged some items at Kohl's for her.
Went to the Laundromat to wash, then dry my king-sized spread, which  I always remove from my bed when spring comes.
Revised and printed out the two plays of mine selected for our June 15 show, then had leftover salad with chicken for dinner. 
A good, active, productive day.   

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...