Friday, May 24, 2013

Allstate

Nothing much happened yesterday.  Went to Staples for ink and finally ordered new glasses.  Got dark frames this time; hope I don't regret it.  They won't be in for more than a week, as my prescription is pretty intense. 
Annoyed because Allstate raised my premium, I called.  Woman told me if I'm hurt in a car accident, bills go to them, not me.  Is that new?  No, but medical costs have gone up.  Of course, she talked as if this added charge carried some added benefit for me--it doesn't.  She also tried to give the impression it was inevitable, like sunrise, sunup, ordained by God, something from which benevolent Allstate would love to protect me, but is simply unable, and blah, blah, blah.  I swear I'd rather hear a company rep tell me the outfit just wants to suck as much money as it can out of its customers and I can take it or leave it.  I'd find that refreshing.
Called AARP to see if theirs would be cheaper and after an interminable amount of talk, the bottom line is that if I switched there, I'd save roughly $50 a year or four bucks and change a month.  I decided it just isn't worth the hassle. 
Not sure why, but I woke up today at 4:45.  That's annoying because I usually don't get up for another half hour. Didn't want to go back to sleep, so I'm up.  Maybe I'll try for a nap today.
Must pack for Wellsboro and leave for up north by 3 pm.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...