Thursday, May 16, 2013

Lunch, Louise, And LBI

It turned out to be a delightful day, although it didn't go exactly as planned.  I picked Aline up at 10:30 and we chatted at my place while waiting for Louise S.  Louise's doctor's appointment lasted longer than she thought it would, so she wasn't able to get here until after 12:00.  We left for Manahawkin almost immediately, but Aline had to be at work at 1:15 and by the time we got there--.
Aline suggested we go on to Long Beach Island for lunch and just drop her off to pick up a yogurt, then she'd walk the half-block to the library.  We did, but not before--happily--Louise accepted our invitation to accompany us to see The Boyfriend at Surflight on June 2.  L. and I went to Buckalew's and had a satisfying lunch, along with an even more satisfying "getting to know you" conversation.
It's such fun to exchange experiences with Louise.  She's a bright, articulate person who, as virtually all of us do, has had variations of light and shade in her life.  After a leisurely lunch, we drove down the island to Holgate, noting the mounds and mountains of sand still covering so much of the place.
Home, Louise came in for an hour or so and we continued talking--naturally, what else?  I showed her around the house, then we said goodbye.  I'm looking forward to seeing her again at Players & Playwrights on Saturday.
Earlier, I talked to dear friend, Marge D., to tell her I had been going over the old scripts from the drama club and had found the original of Tootie!  I was so excited, as it isn't on this machine and I remembered how hysterically funny it is.  I thought it had been lost forever.
After I said goodbye to Louise, I sat down to read it and realized it was a great undiscovered masterpiece that not only will wow 'em at P & P, but should probably be staged at Surflight at the very least and I wouldn't be surprised if it's Broadway bound with just a little light--.
NOT!  Boy, it really stinks, which goes to show--well, something in the wishful thinking category, I guess.  Possibly, the premise could be reworked and expanded, but it sure isn't the laugh riot I thought it was.  No matter, now I know, and I'll just put it in the "dead, but not mourned" file.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...