Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

Oh, what a wonderful Mother's Day!  For reasons I'm not sure I can yet divulge, it was about the best ever--considering the good news.
Even aside from that, it was fun.  We all went to see a certain lady and brought brunch to the nursing home.  Living in her own golden time, when she was a young wife and mother, she talked and talked.  Some of her talk was actually very interesting to me, especially about the small town in the mid-West where she lived.
After, we prepared for the dinner party of ten adults and two children, including Betty and friends, Muckie and Helen C.  We had a fine time, first out on the deck in the glorious sunshine, then around the big dining room table. 
And what a spread!  After the appetizer of veggies with good ol' onion dip, there were wonderful whole made salads--black bean, chicken, and my green--and cheese, ham, and turkey cold cuts, plus great breads of various kinds and desserts of cheesecake and cut-up fruit with various sweet sauces.
We had earlier agreed to skip the presents and just enjoy the "presence" of each other, but a certain someone violated the treaty and present me with a book, signed by the local author, which I was happy to get.  Also, the two B. children and their mother had made wonderful little outdoor candle holders, made out of tin cans, and gave them to the hostess, Betty, and me--what a nice surprise.
Dinner was served early, so we had plenty of time to talk and laugh, and then were able to get home in daylight.  When I did, I enjoyed a Skype call from Ellen, and heard that son, Mike, had called and left a Mother's Day greeting, too.  With the beautiful flowers I had received from both, the dinner party, plus the happy news from elsewhere, I had a fabulous day.
      

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...