Sunday, May 19, 2013

Players & Playwrights

Got to P. & P. under lowering skies, and they lowered all day.  Leader John was recuperating from Lasik surgery, so the meeting was run by Denise.  We discussed who would take over when J. leaves in July for Arizona State, but at this point, there are no takers.  Ed S. e-mailed that he wouldn't be able to participate on June 15--darn--and was withdrawing his play--double darn.  I had cast him as the devil in my Hell On Wheels--triple darn.  However, John called Denise during the meeting and through her, I asked him to take over the role; he accepted.
We then read through the plays we'll do at Dante Hall.  I was cast as Laura in Grey's play, which is partially done in rhyme.  I have a strong suspicion that he got the idea after hearing my Hell, wholly in rhyming couplets.  Annoying, but there's nothing I can do about it.
After the meeting, Louise and I went with Bobbi to see Shalom House, where she lives.  She offered to have us rehearse in the meeting room there and I'm taking her up on it.  It's pretty nice and the meeting room is adequate.  Now I have to figure out how to schedule two rehearsals at times when everybody can come.
Louise and I then went to Italian Gourmet for dinner.  We both had salmon, which was okay, but I didn't think it was up to their usual standards.  Maybe that's because I often cook it at home and always buy fresh; I think this had been frozen.  We had a nice talk, though, and it was a pleasant evening. 
I had sent granddaughter-in-law Noelle a picture of a wicker table I thought they could use and she wants it, so will bring it up over Memorial Day.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...