Thursday, May 23, 2013

Lunch And A Shooting

Aline and I left town at 11:30.  Our first stop was the Tuckerton thrift store, where I left off the children's things I was donating.  Then, at A.'s request, we spent time at Wal-Mart.  I picked up a few items and after that, we did our thing--lunch--at Olive Garden.  We both had spaghetti and meat sauce, plus the fabulous salad.
A. wasn't due at work at the library until 5:00, but I was expecting a visitor at home about 3:00, so dropped A. off at the park.  She planned to read her book by the lake, then go across the street to her job.  We wished each other a nice weekend--I'm going to Wellsboro and she to Manhattan--and parted.
My visitor came, planted the two hydrangeas, and put the table I'm giving the kids in her SUV.  Not sure if it's going to fit in on this trip, what with the luggage and all, but we'll see.
In the evening, I noticed that daughter, Ellen, was on-line.  Skyped her and we had a nice chat.
WIDER:  Am I getting paranoid?  It seems there is more and more police action that results in the death of a suspect or even, as the cliché goes, a "person of interest."  Now somebody--not a suspect--being questioned about the Boston bombing has been shot and killed.  This was inside an FBI facility?  Was the person armed when he "attacked" the agent?  What were the circumstances of the attack?  Why did it require killing the man, rather than incapacitating him?  The account of the killing raises more questions than it answers.  It almost makes you think there's something that's being deliberately  covered up by the powers that be.  But oh, no, that's just paranoia...
http://www.alternet.org/fbi-shoots-kills-orlando-man-during-questioning-about-boston-bombing

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...