Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pool And Non-Rehearsal

It was hot, hot, hot, so I went to the pool.  Walked in to find Leslie and Dennis with Rosemary D. and her visiting family.  We greeted each other happily and I sat down with them.  Had a good talk, good swim, and good several hours.
Aline and I had made plans to go to rehearsal, which was scheduled at the Seaport at 6:30.  I picked her up and we went, but we waited until after 7:00 and nobody showed.  Checked at the community center, but no luck there, either.  We finally decided to try again tonight. 
Aline persuaded me--it didn't take much--to stop at Rita's and get soft ice cream.   Delish and a nice top-off to the evening.
Now I must get serious about setting up my DQ program.  I go on a week from today!
WIDER:  I posted a picture on Facebook, thinking it was appropriate for Memorial Day.  It was the "I Want You" picture of Uncle Sam pointing, with the caption "Join The Army.  Visit exotic, distant lands, meet interesting people, and kill them."  Geez, what a vehement reaction from my cousin (whom I've never met in my life), Ary B., who happens to have a son in the military.  It was gratifying to know that someone else close to me responded affirmatively to the post.  They had a lively exchange, but there's no question M.R.came out ahead.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...