Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mix Up And Stuff

Strolled across the street to Susan's about noon and we picked up
Bessie and Doris H.  Doris is on oxygen and carries a portable, plus brings along a tank on wheels, so Bessie and I helped her.  (I have plenty of experience with oxygen, I'm not thrilled to say.)  Entered Smithville Inn anticipating a good lunch and pleasant chitchat...
Hmm...all the place marks had names on them, along with the number of the assigned table.  Where was mine?  Not there; must have been an oversight, but when I asked--no!  I often give a check for affairs like this to Barb H. and she takes it with hers to the clubhouse, but after consulting the chairpeople and the list, I discovered I had never paid.  Was I upset?  Nah, I knew I wouldn't starve.  It happened that Julie L. was sick--she said--so didn't go, and somebody suggested I eat her meal, but then we were told she wanted it brought it to her.  Said I'd just go into the regular restaurant section, order something, and bring it back in.  However, the very nice waiter said I could get a regular dinner.  Did so (mediocre shrimp; wished I had chosen the chicken), but had to borrow $25 from Susan to pay.  No prob, though, and we all had a good time at the luncheon.
Home about 4:00.  Changed and drove to Manahawkin for this and that.  Was having dinner after when the doorbell rang.  It was Tonya, delivering the DVD of the play!  I watched most of it during my wine and popcorn and was pleasantly surprised.  I thought I'd find my acting horrible, but it really wasn't half bad.  Will see the rest, including my murder scene, tonight. 
Went down to the clubhouse to sign up for--and pay for!--the pool opening breakfast next Saturday.  It may be too cold to go in the water, but I understand Jack D.will make bloody Marys and that's the draw.
I had called Aline, as we had a date for an excursion today.  Her sister answered and said she's have A. call me.  She did and left a message.    Called her back several times, but there was no answer.  It's annoying in this day and age that she and her sister don't have an answering machine; I'll have to try to get hold of her later.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...