Saturday, May 12, 2012

Flowers

I have plenty of energy, but even for me, yesterday was active.  Went to exercise at the clubhouse and saw Virginia H., editor-of-chief of The Breeze.  She asked if I had seen the letter sent by a certain other member of the editorial staff.  I hadn't, but I looked, and ouch!  For sheer nerve, it takes the cake; it's a sustained rant complaining about shabby treatment by a member of our board of trustees.  I e-mailed Virginia and, of course, we would never run such a thing, which she had no intention of doing.  
E-mailed Marge D. and attached my revision of her story of their scary experience in NC.  (Heard back from her later that she couldn't open it, so I responded that I'll bring a hard copy over along with enlargements of her picture.)
Set off for Bob's in Atlantic County for flowers.  Of course, it was very crowded, but boy, they have the best stuff.  I wanted every plant in place, but settled for Bacopa, pretty little white flowers to border the front bed; Hypoestes, kind of a outdoor "pink splash," all leaves; and a colorful mix of dahlias.  Stopped at S & M (great name!) for veggies and at Shop-Rite for other stuff.
Had a quick salad when I got home, by that time after 3:00.  Did some computer work, so didn't get outside to plant until almost 4:00.  Got two varieties planted, but didn't yet get the dahlias in.  After I had planted, fertilized, and watered, I realized I need more; think I'll go back to Bob's today, although I know it'll be jammed.
Besotted by Nature, I drove to first Home Depot, then Lowe's before dinner--in fact, I never got around to dinner.  I wanted to add some blue, so bought a Delphinium--a perennial and pretty big, so I'm glad the ground is soft.  Didn't get home until almost 7:00, when I found a big box from Fed Ex at my door.  It's a pretty orchid from Mike and family for Mother's Day--very nice--and I have it in the hall.
Now back from Chicago, Betty called and we had a good talk.  We'll be spending Mother's Day together tomorrow, hosted by the northern dwellers. 

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...