Monday, May 14, 2012

Lovely Day

It was a lovely Mother's Day.  Got a Skype call from the Tokyo Twosome to wish me one and was glad I could open their present in their presence (heh, heh) , so to speak.  They gave me a beautiful bag made from the sleeve of a kimono.  It's black with a yellow flower on it and is so pretty and such an interesting idea.  The lining and carrying handles are also made of parts of a kimono.  I immediately transferred into it the stuff from my usual purse.
Betty brought me a nice begonia and I gave her a miniature rose, then we set off for up north.  The couple in question were already there and we got in their car to drive to Sayen Gardens.
It was jammed on that beautiful, sunny, very warm day, and so enjoyable.  We strolled around among the flowers, listened to the singers and combos here and there, and examined the goods at the craft fair in the parking lot.  Betty and I both bought cunning little metal bugs that hang on screens--much fun.
We stayed several hours, then went to the northern couples' toured the grounds (pears, peaches, apples, grapes, blueberries, potatoes, squash, beans, and bees), then enjoyed a scrumptious dinner of salmon, steak, salad, and the hubby's bread on the deck.
Said our goodbyes about 7:00 and drove home.  Called Ellen on Skype and we both enjoyed our virtual visit with her.  Chatted for an hour or so, then to bed.
Must get mulch and--the last things!--a few plants for around the front tree.
The northern dweller will come this afternoon to spread the latter.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...