Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Ladies's Luncheon

We walked with umbrellas in the pouring rain, but by the time my company came, it was sunny and very warm.  The luncheon went off very well and the four of us talked and talked..well, one of us did and the others tried to get a word in edgewise--'nuff said.
Aline, Susan, and Jeanne liked the chicken salad, turkey breast, pumpernickel and cranberry bread, green salad, and crystal pickles.  A. and S. had soda, J. and me Blue Moon.  Had mixed fruit for dessert,  along with little cinnamon roll-up cookies; A. and S. brought me some fancy cookies and I laid some of them out, too.  J. gave me a book of poetry and water colors.
They stayed until almost four and, after, as I seem to lean toward the compulsive, I washed, dried, and put everything away.  After, took a drive to Manahawkin just to relax.
Got home to fine sister Betty had called; got back to her and talked to the little girls, too. All seems well in the windy city.
Cut and color today, about which I'm a little nervous, then the Longtimers Reception at Rider.     

1 comment:

zerry ht said...

Pretty helpful information on ladies’ luncheon. I am in search of best venue NYC for arranging my cousin’s bridal luncheon. My sister suggested few lovely venues and planning to book best one. Wish to have a wonderful party.

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...