Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Plants And Things

Went early to Bob's to get tomato plants.  I wasn't happy with the ones I saw, though, and decided to look elsewhere.  I did pick up a cute little thing called "creeping Jenny" (creepy name!) for the container on the porch.  Checking out, the clerk asked if I wanted a very young, tiny tomato plant free of charge.  Well, why not?
Drove down to Produce Junction and got three nice-sized plants, two tomato, one sweet pepper, all three for seven dollars.  Stopped at the Boscov's mall and just looked around.
Home, I had lunch (salad and Brussels sprouts), then planted the veggies.  It was a pleasure to do it, the ground was so soft;  in fact, when I was finished, I was splattered with mud and immediately jumped out of my clothes and into the shower.
After that, I added soil to the porch container and repotted the pink splash from the kitchen.  Put the latter in a nice copper pot I've had for years.
I had asked the northern dweller to help me with a few things and she came after work and a run.  She attached and arranged my drip hose in the back, dumped the solidified ice from ice maker, and tackled a few other things.  However, she's helping me with the pictures I'll show for the Dionne Quintuplet program and after scanning some, neither of us could figure out where to go from there.  We agreed I'd go up to her place on Saturday afternoon and do it there.
In the late afternoon, I drove to Staples to have an address stamp made, then picked up a few other items at Wal-Mart. 
I think I'm finished putting in flowers--although I'd still love to get that purple lupine I saw the other day.     

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...