Monday, May 07, 2012

Partly Vegging Out

Well, I spent part of the day vegging out as I had intended.  Did my usual "Cryptoquip" and crossword puzzle in The Press Of Atlantic City after our walk and breakfast.  I do the former every day--and solve about six out of seven.  If it takes me longer than ten minutes, I discard it.  I do the puzzle  only on Sundays and only in The Press.  I find the daily ones too easy and the NYTimes one too hard.  This is one of the little treats to which I look forward every week.
Drove to the cemetery and to Santori's before lunch.  On my last trip there, I had bought Kirby cucumbers to make crystal pickles.  Served the last batch in the freezer for  Aline, Susan, and Jeanne last week.  Made them, put them up in three containers and popped them in the freezer.  Made a big salad, too.  Ate same, then actually did sit on the couch and read for an hour or two.
Susan called and said she wanted to share some of the leftover food from the party with me.  She helped me bring back a bowl of burgoo and the scrumptious pie and cake that had been served.   Think I'll send the latter back with the northern visitor who's coming today to help clean out the front beds.
Got a call from Betty and later, my favorite "visitor," Ellen.  Had a good chat with both,

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...