Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Exercise And Movie

I did indeed, go to the clubhouse at 8:00 instead of the scheduled exercise time of 9:00 and was delighted to find I could run the "Walk Away The Pounds" CD.  Did so, and followed it, then left a note for those coming after that it was already.
Going shortly after our walk solves two problems I've had for some time: For openers, 9:00 is practically the middle of the afternoon for me.  Susan and I will have returned from our walk by about 7:40 and I had to wait around for more than an hour to go to exercise.  I like to have breakfast at 9:00 and this sets it back. 
The second reason is the one that dare not speak its name.  No, not that reason!--it's the noise.  I'm fond of my neighbors and as a rule, like hanging with them. However, a number of them attend a class in line dancing (led by Carol H.) at 10:00 and come to exercise beforehand--where they proceed to talk, laugh, and occasionally screech during the entire session.  Even though I invariably stand in the front, a few feet away from the T.V., the noise drowns out about fifty percent of the leader's talk.  This is so damned annoying, but if I say anything, I'd be the heavy and I don't want that.  One or two others who are walkers, not talkers, show up now and then, but usually, I'm the only one who's actually there to exercise, not hang out and gab.  This solves my double-edged problem, so that's fine.
Did domestic chores and so on, then picked Leslie up and we went to the movie at the Tuckerton Library at 6:00.  It was Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, with Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock, plus a boy about twelve; it concerned, of course,  9/11.  It was harrowing to watch--the boy loses his father--and Les and I cried a lot, but it was absorbing.
Nothing else scheduled until the pool party on Saturday, but I've got plenty to do around here, so it's fine by me. 

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...